Friday, May 12, 2006

2004 Tait The Ball Buster (Barossa Valley)



If I didn't want to draw an association between this wine and a group of male strippers, I wouldn't call this the "Thunder from Down Under." What the hell. With a name like The Ball Buster, they have to expect some genital-based humor. All jokes aside, this is a serious wine. Seriously fun. It's big right out of the bottle (screwcap and all). It's crazy fruit on the nose that carry over to the palate. Dark cherry, blackberry, even a little blueberry. This is about $15, but it's a great wine to spring on your friends, for the name and the palate-pleasing effect it will have. I'd give it a 92.

Natalie's Note: Stupid name, good wine. I requested we buy a second bottle of this, and will look for it again.

Jeff's Note: Great name, great wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.

I will remember to bookmark your blog and will
eventually come back from now on. I want to encourage yourself to continue
your great work, have a nice morning!

Look into my blog post :: the 21 Day Fix